Helensburgh Scout Group is run by 100% volunteer effort. From leaders to group committee, we rely on every day parents just like you to do what we do.
A one off joining fee is charged:
- ScoutsNSW joining fee of $65 invoiced directly by ScoutsNSW
- Group joining fee of $15 to cover badges, scarf and other sundry items
New members will also need to purchase a Scout shirt to be worn during meetings and activities.
In 2022 the fee per term is broken in to 2 parts.
- ScoutsNSW membership fee of $60/term invoiced directly from ScoutsNSW
- Group fee of $28/term invoiced by our treasurer to cover operating costs and expenses. Reduced group fees are available for families with more than 1 child member.
Leaders are eligible for additional discounts. Contact us for more information.
NSW Active Kids rebate
Scouts NSW is an approved provider of the Active Kids rebate. Click here for more information.
As Scouting is largely an outdoors based program from time to time there will be overnight camps, hikes, bowling and the like added to the program. The cost of these activities are additional to the regular membership fees but we do our best to keep these costs to a minimum.
Time Commitment - Youth Members
Youth members should be prepared to
- attend the weekly meeting for around 2 hours
- attend occasional weekend activities including but not limited to camping, hiking, abseiling, biking
Time Commitment - Adults / Parents / Support
Parental assistance during meetings is always welcome. Even if you can only help occasionally please take the time to follow this link and complete the steps.
- Meets on the 2nd Monday of every month
- Makes decisions regarding administration of group, hall and funds
- Same as for youth members plus
- Additional time for planning and preparation
- Monthly district leaders meetings
- General administrative and learning